Thursday, February 2, 2012

Adjustments and Excuses

I really don't have any excuse as to why I haven't posted lately. I kept thinking to myself, "I need to post on the blog, I haven't done that lately...but I haven't really done much work." I have no excuses as to why I haven't done any work lately as well, except that I've been adjusting to John's new work schedule, and I've been in a sort of artist's block, much like a writer's block. I've been told (and I concede this point) that I have no good excuse.

And it's true. I should have been in my studio, even just messing around and putting random things together. I really do need to get on the ball.

On another note...John and I will be going back to college, and I am SO excited!!! John has decided to major in Religion because he wants to be a Minister~WHAT?! <3 I could not be happier and more proud of him! He joined Goose Creek Worship Center a couple of weeks ago, the same church at which I've been a longtime member. Then he started talking about going back to school; he was looking into all the local colleges. Then he tells me one night, "I feel I should look for a school that teaches religion...I want to go into the ministry." (I nearly fell over.)

So the next day, we decided to go look at Charleston Southern University. We're talking with one of the enrollment counselors when John says, "And I want to support my wife in her artistic passion, so I want to see about getting her enrolled too." (I nearly fell over again.)

Which, I'm not opposed to at all. In fact, I've had moments in my life since graduating high school (and dropping out of tech college) that I regretted not having a college education. But I've learned that there are reasons for everything that happens. Just like I was meant to be with John, I wasn't meant to stay in school at that time, certainly not for radio and television broadcasting. Now is my time. I'm going for graphic design, and I couldn't be more excited about it! Some of my classes will be beneficial to the improvement of my painting and drawing; some will teach me what all the technical stuff on my digital camera means (oh, I'm so ashamed, lol!) and take better pictures, plus I'll learn how to build a website, and I'll get to learn Photoshop (love love love, I've wanted this for so long!)...all kinds of stuff but too much for me to mention!!! :-)

I am a little nervous about going back to school. I mean, part of me says I wasn't the best student in high school. But I'm 30 now, I'm grown. And I know if there's something I want bad enough (and I do...oh, how I want this!) I will do everything it takes in order to achieve my goals.

So, I'm praying that all goes well, and if it does, John and I will be attending Charleston Southern University beginning this fall. GO BUCS!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment